Reality shows are where the big bucks are. I’m not even sure what constitutes to reality shows anymore. I thought MTV hosting candid camera was a reality show until you see the beelines of Kardashians, Jersilicious, Jersey shore, Real Housewives, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Apprentice etc… The only one i have watched an episode of is The Bachelor to satiate my curious mind.
From my (limited) knowledge, the first few episodes of the reality shows are astonishingly similar.
- If the show is about a couple, their fairy tale wedding with cleavage sporting bridesmaids would be aired. Friends would ooh and aah about the proposal he made and how deep and meaningful their love is. Kekaravan kenaiya iruntha…
- If the show is about a group of girls, it would talk about how they were best of friends and how their shared everything from lip gloss to life partners..Ahem..
- The wife would have OCD and the husband would be ABCD…no…ADHD.. and we would be BOHH(banging our head heavily)
- The wife’s/girlfriend/housewife’s ovulation cycle and how it is in their calendar to do it. You will even have an assitant consuting her black book to read this out to you… Its a matter of time before facebook status feeds have this information. Manangetta makkal, i say
- They would fight about which frangrance their perfume line should be about, what color their million dollar nursery would be, which island they should vacation in…Thupuketta pasanga.
- Finally it has to be about, how he doesnt spend any time with her, he is always at work, having fun with his men-friends etc.. sweetheart all our lives are like that!!
You would have to leave your brains behind if you want to watch atleast one episode of these shows, they dont even provide entertainment. Yet most of them are extremely popular…My take is if you want to torture somebody, then tie them to a chair and make them watch Khloe & Lamar. Mission accomplished.