Without Steve Jobs our lives would have not experienced the power of touch. Here are the top things that he changed for me(for better or for worse)
- We would be perennially lost. I loathe the GPS but follow the google maps on my iPhone.
- Morning ablutions would be just that. No Solitaire, scrabble or Hangman.
- When you are stuck in NYC with a craving for Ethiopian food, never fear when the iPhone is near.
- Forgot the 50% off coupon, simply scan it from the you-know-which-phone.
- Driving up to banks to deposit a check. What century are you living on?
- The iPhone is my mp3 player, quick shoot camera, browser, reader, movie theatre and oh also my phone.
- When Appa was introduced to the iPhone, he did not need any instructions. What is there to instruct? You see and you touch, so simple.
- We never carry the chargers for the golden rule that every place we visit will have one. Otherwise it is not worthy of our visit.
- Everything was just a click away then a touch away. Now nothing is away, except the people.
In one of his speeches, Steve Jobs insisted that you can always connect the dots in your life that leads you to where you are now. At the time I was wary, what dots? I’m here simply because I choose to be here. But as I grew older and life got mean and sly, joyful and ecstatic, sudden and surprising, I understood his words. You can always connect the dots. Its what my grandfather always used to say – Its written, your tryst with fate.